Thursday 17 September 2009

Photoshop














We were given basic instruction on how to create layers and text in photoshop. We were then set the task of creating a postcard for the creative and media diploma including text for 'creative and media' and 'long road sixthform'. We also had to get our imaged from flikR.

I did not have any idea what kind of design i was going for but when looking for a background i found this picture of a huge DVD collection. This became my first layer. I then set about putting the text in. I couldn't find a colour that made the text readable because there were so many different colours in my background and the text had a very thin outline. I decided to go over the text outline with the brush tool. Next i started to fiddle with the brightness and contrast of the background image. Once i had something which looked okay i went a bit crazy. I first used te colour replacment tool to make areas of the backgroup grey which i thought would make it easier to read the text. I started to make some random shapes using the lasso tool and then filling them in with the paint bucket. I thought it all looked a bit bring and i had only used primary colours so i decided to play with the hugh and saturation. This is when the light blue and pink areas appeared. I thought that the text saying 'long road sixthform' and 'by tom holloway' should have a different colour around them to the rest of the image so i made some green shapes again using the lasso and paint bucket. I played with the text for a while trying to get the perfect colour but ended up with this sicky green colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment